Chicken is the most popular domesticated bird on the planet, there are around 23 billion of these little fellows and due to their short lifetime of just about 40-60 days the annual number of chicken production exceeds the 60 billion mark and we can’t get enough of these juicy little tender finger-licking good chicken. That’s why today I am sharing a delicious recipe for how to cook chicken in pressure cooker.
Things you need:
- Chicken ( 4 lbs )
- Electric Pressure Cooker
- Cooking oil (2 Tablespoon)
- Ginger powder (1 teaspoon)
- Garlic powder (1 teaspoon)
- Vinegar ( 1 Tablespoon )
- Paprika (1 teaspoon)
- Black pepper ( ¼ teaspoon )
- Salt ( 1 Tablespoon)
- Thyme ( 1 teaspoon)
- Water or chicken broth ( 1 cup )
Steps for How To Cook Chicken In Pressure Cooker
- First, add cooking oil in the pressure cooker and press the Browning/Saute button.
- When the pressure cooker is hot, add chicken and brown its both sides for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pressure cooker.
- Now prepare the seasoning in a bowl by combining 1 teaspoon Paprika, 1 teaspoon Ginger powder, 1 teaspoon Garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon Black pepper, 1 teaspoon Thyme, 1 Teaspoon Salt and 1 Tablespoon Vinegar.
- Rub the seasoning all over the chicken, under the skin and in the cavity.
- Now add the chicken with 1 cup of water or chicken broth in the pressure cooker.
- Lock the pressure cooker lid and set the pressure valve to the “sealing” direction.
- Press the POULTRY button or PRESSURE COOK button both work fine and set the timer to 25 minutes.
- After cook time complete, wait for the pressure to release naturally.
- Open the pot sprinkle some lemon and enjoy your juicy, tender chicken.
So it was the recipe for the delicious chicken simmered in an electric pressure cooker. You don’t need to go to restaurants, for eating marinated chicken. Because you can now easily cook it at home with the help of an electric pressure cooker.
Questions you might ask
How long does it take to cook chicken in a pressure cooker?
To cook the whole chicken in a pressure cooker it takes 25 Minutes in high settings. If the chicken is frozen then it will take 35 to 40 minutes. For smaller pieces of chicken takes 10 minutes and for large pieces like thigh, breast, wing takes 15 minutes in high mode.
Do you have to add water to a pressure cooker?
Pressure cookers while cooking food need water or any kind of liquid in order to build pressure. There must be a fair amount of water/liquid (usually 1 cup) inside the pressure cooker to cook food properly. Therefore you have to add water/liquid before cooking any food in the pressure cooker.
Can you overcook chicken in a pressure cooker?
Do not overcook the chicken in a pressure cooker because it will make the chicken extremely dry and tasteless. There is no way through you can restore it, and it will be a complete mess.
Why people love chicken so much?
People love to eat chicken because it can be cooked in different ways and takes literally no time, the second reason to love Chicken is its cheaper cost when compared with other meat options. Yes! It is less expensive in price than other meats. So, it can easily come into your budget.
Why Chicken is popular?
Chicken is one of the most popular and cheapest sources for lean protein meat and contains far lower calories as compared to other meats. Chicken is popular because it is rich in essential vitamins, low in calories and low in fat and cholesterol. Moreover, it tastes good. and in recent times it has developed quite a fame among the fitness cautious gym going people because it is full of proteins.which is essential for gaining muscle mass.
Different Cuts of Chicken:
The different cuts of chicken include thighs, drumsticks, breasts, and wings, each contains different amounts of proteins, fats, and Calories.
|Chicken Breast||53.4 grams||284 Calories||6.2 grams|
|Chicken Thigh||13.5 grams||109 Calories||5.7 grams|
|Chicken Wings||6.4 grams||43 Calories||1.7 grams|
|Chicken Drumsticks||12.4 grams||76 calories||2.5 grams|
The amount of calories also depends on cooking. If you add sauce and vegetables then calories will increase accordingly. If you choose to grill and roast instead of frying then calories count will be lower.
How To Cook Chicken without pressure Cooker
In case if you don’t have a smart electric pressure cooker then you can also cook it without a pressure cooker. Then you can use a saucepan or deep circular cooking pot instead of a pressure cooker. Now I am going to tell you how to cook chicken without a pressure cooker. it is very really easy. So get ready!
Things you need:
- Ginger (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic (1 tablespoon)
- Water (As required)
- Oil (3 tablespoons)
- Salt (2 tablespoons)
- Yogurt (half cup)
- Chickpea powder (1/2 Cup)
- Cumin powder (half tablespoon)
- Coriander powder (half tablespoon)
- Red chili flakes (2 morsels)
- Oregano (1 pinch)
- Thyme leaves (1 pinch)
- Peperica (1 teaspoon)
- Mustard paste (1 teaspoon)
Cooking chicken without pressure cooker:
- Take a chicken and mark deep slashes marinate it with 1 tablespoon of vinegar, 1 tablespoon of ginger and garlic. Coat it well and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a deep cooking pot. Add some water as required and add 3 tablespoons of oil and 2 tablespoons of salt.
- Place the chicken in a saucepan and now covered it with lid.
- Let it cook for 30 to 40 minutes on a slow flame.
- After this take out the chicken with specula.
- Now prepare marination in a bowl and add a half cup of yogurt, 1/2 cup of chickpea flour, half tablespoon of cumin powder, half tablespoon of coriander powder and mix it well now add 2 morsels of red chili flakes, 1 pinch of oregano leaves, 1 pinch of thyme leaves and half tablespoon of paprika for amazing colour.
- Marinate the mixture over steamed chicken and fry all sides of the chicken until it gets golden.
- Serve it with slices of tomato and cucumber.