Be it your Laptop or the traditional PC, JBL speakers can shake hands with both to enable a better sound system. All the JBL speakers (any model) are programmed with refined features to pair well with any system so you don’t need to ponder over if this JBL speaker type can connect with PC or if this JBL model is not too old for my laptop. Relax, JBL is an advanced company that deals largely in audio equipment and they make each of their products packed up with flexible facilities to make it sound like a pro.
Since music is the new culture and speakers are the channel to enjoy it at best, you will need to learn this piece of information sooner or later. Better now!
How to Connect JBL Speakers to Computer?
In a world of technology, we can have two kinds of connections to make devices work on their suggested track: wired or wireless connection. Here again, your JBL speaker can either be wired or wireless, mostly both. The process to connect JBL speakers with a laptop or PC can either be with a wired connection or with wireless. Some of the JBL speakers are purely wireless, so no chance of using an Auxiliary cable for a makeshift.
On the other hand, some of the JBL speakers also have a built-in Aux port besides Bluetooth availability that allows them to connect through a cable too. This factor is also dependent on what kind of device you are going to connect with your JBL speaker. For instance, some of the computers do not approve of wireless connection so you have to opt for wired speakers. Therefore, you must not buy purely wireless JBL speakers then. Keeping in view both scenarios, in this thread, we will try to explain both ways.
Steps to Connect JBL speakers to Computer/Laptop (Without Bluetooth):
In case your computer/laptop does not support the Bluetooth connection, here is how to get it going.
The famous JBL Flip 4 comes equipped with both Bluetooth or without Bluetooth options.
- Take an Auxiliary cable and plug it in your JBL speaker’s 3.5mm plug input. It will be on the back of the JBL speaker and to locate this connection input, you have to push aside the slot cover. Besides a 3.5mm audio slot is a micro-USB slot but you know what you have to use.
- Since the 3.5mm jack cable has a small round pin to insert on both ends, one will be attached to the computer/laptop and the other one to the JBL speaker. There is a 3.5mm audio output port on the right sideline of the laptop.
- However, there are two types of such ports on the computer. One slot is submitted for the use of headphones while another is assigned for microphones, illustrated with a small icon. You have to insert the 3.5mm cable pin in the headphone slot of your computer because it will not work on the other option.
- After the cable has been switched in from both ends, now turn ON the JBL speaker. To signal that it is turned ON, the speaker will indicate a blue light behind the power button.
- On your computer/laptop, go to the Sound settings or menu that can be found in the Start Menu on the bottom left corner. You can even search it there in the search tab if you don’t want to scroll it down. Now open the Sound tab.
- A list of all the previously connected and newly available options of playback devices will pop up on the screen.
- Find the JBL Flip 4 option and select it. Click on the “connect” button.
- For connection indication, a green-colored checkmark will be visible on your JBL speaker. Now it is connected.
- You can play the music on your Laptop/Computer and enjoy fuller volume via JBL Flip 4.
- In case the music does not play, repeat all the steps all over again or maybe just turn OFF the speaker and turn it ON again. This will help in securing a connection.
The same steps can be used as a model for any other JBL speaker that resembles in function and settings to JBL Flip 4. Moreover, the process steps will also be similar on Laptop and Computer having the same Windows.
Steps to Connect JBL speakers to Computer/Laptop (With Bluetooth):
Let’s get insight into how the process will be when your computer/laptop supports the advanced Bluetooth connection.
For instance, JBL Flip 5 speaker works solely on a Bluetooth connection to pass on the music with better volume.
- Open the Window settings on your computer/laptop that can be located by reaching the Start menu tracked down on the left lower corner.
- Search for the Devices tab and then open it.
- Click open the Connected Devices tab where a list of all the connected devices with your computer/laptop will appear on the screen.
- You have to check if the Bluetooth connection option is ON or not. If not, switch ON it.
- Now it’s time to turn to the JBL speaker and switch ON its Bluetooth as well.
- Getting back to your computer/laptop, you have to add JBL Flip 5 in the system to confirm the connection.
- Click on Add the device and wait for JBL Flip 5 to pop up in the list of ready-to-connect devices.
- With the indication of blue light on your speaker, you will know that the speaker is now in discovery mode.
- The list will now have the JBL Flip 5 name anytime soon. Select it when it emerges.
- The computer will verify the successful connection through the notification on the screen and speaker with a slight sound respectively.
- Going a step back, you can now encounter your speaker in the list of connected devices along with keyboard, mouse, and others.
- Play any music track on your computer/laptop to wind up the process by validating the smooth connection. If the speaker does not respond to the music, repeat all the steps and it may work this time.
If there is no problem, enjoy.
The same steps will be applied to JBL Flip 4 speaker as it also addresses the wireless connection.
However, in a rare case, if you want to connect your JBL Flip 5 speaker with a computer that lacks the wireless connection function, you may use another stopgap. You can connect both devices via USB cable. For this, you will need to purchase a Bluetooth adapter compatible with your computer and insert it in the micro-USB slot beside the 3.5mm slot that was used in the wired process above.
The other end will be attached to the computer and things will get smooth to ensure the show of music through the speaker. The laptops usually have the Bluetooth connection option so this trick would easily do good for any computer.
Which is the best method of connection: Wired or Wireless?
Undoubtedly, without any general voting, new generations will admire and approve of the Bluetooth (wireless) method as it is an independent and quicker way of executing performance. It saves you from the responsibility of keeping and securing the cable and if the cable is tangled, detangling it not only panics you but also wastes a lot of time. Apart from that, you are never sure when the wire may expire and you have to invest in it again.
In addition, you can not move the speaker much with a wired connection as you could take the speaker to another room with the wireless association. On the contrary, using the Bluetooth connection gives you a sense of control and it is more of a contemporary idea to conduct execution through devices. But the Bluetooth connection is often so weak that it keeps disconnected time and again without any obvious reasons. All in all, it is an individual choice that separates ease from satisfaction so it is up to you!
Which JBL speakers are most favorite among users and why?
So far, the JBL models like JBL Flip 4, JBL Flip 5, JBL Boombox 2, and JBL Xtreme 3 have been successful in winning hearts and are totally up to consumer demands. The best part is, these speakers are compatible with all Windows and this reliability saves you from another set of hassle.
Just bring your JBL speaker and pair them with the available device to enjoy bass-rich music with your mates around the clock.
On a lighter note, if your speaker is not working despite constant tries, it might be because it is running low on battery. Plug it in for charging and then try again. This is normal to not consider the charging factor because we are too engrossed in making the connection possible that we blame all the failure on the computer or laptop for not picking up the speaker’s name in the list. Happy connection!